If you have money worries, our experienced Debt Advisers can:
- explain your options for dealing with debt.
- contact your creditors for you.
- help manage enforcement action by creditors – eviction, bailiffs, court action etc.
- check that you are getting the right income or benefits.
- explain which debts are most important.
- complete a financial statement with you.
- assist with Debt Relief Order (DRO) applications.
Need help with water bills?
Bristol Water runs a number of special schemes to help people manage their water bills. This includes special tariffs for heavy water users and affordable payment plans for those on low incomes (or anyone struggling to pay their bill). We can explain all your options and even help you to complete the application forms.
How can I access the service or make an enquiry?
Use our Advice Tool to make an enquiry. It’s easy to use, provides clear information on debt and allows you to make a booking with an adviser.
Bristol Tea and Tech to help older people get connected
North Bristol Advice Centre (NBAC) is taking its popular digital drop-in on the road to help even more people to get connected.
DWP forced to waive £8,600 benefits clawback after legal challenge by NBAC client
The mother of two disabled sons has won an important victory at the High Court in Bristol this week which will give better protection to people wrongly overpaid benefits.