See below for a list of services that offer emergency support.
- If you need urgent food you can contact a local agency such as ourselves for a food voucher. This can be exchanged for 3 days of emergency food at your local foodbank.
- Contact us on 0117 951 5751 (Monday-Thursday 10am-4pm).
- Alternatively, call the free national helpline, Help through Hardship to talk confidentially with a trained Citizens Advice adviser. Tel: 0808 2082138 (open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, closed on public holidays).
- There is a network of Community fridges across the country which hold surplus food donated by individuals or supermarkets. Community fridges are free to access and are open to everyone. Use the ‘Find a fridge near me’ section to see a map of fridges in your area.
- Bristol Soup Run Trust organise nightly soup kitchens in the city centre.
If you can’t afford the basics like food, gas, electricity or household goods you may be able to get support from your local council.
- Bristol City Council Local Crisis and Prevention Fund
- Phone: 0117 922 4500, Monday to Friday, 9am to 12noon (no household goods applications by phone).
- Email: email@example.com, include your full name and address.
- Visit: Citizen Service Point, 100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 6AG (by appointment only).
- South Gloucestershire Welfare Grant Scheme
- Phone: 01454 868899 (Monday to Friday 8:45am to 2pm).
- Visit a One Stop Shop.
- Contact Centre for Sustainable Energy for energy saving advice and support in the Bristol and Somerset area.
- Phone: 0800 082 2234
- Energy advice for older people
- Check if you can get a local energy grant on the Simple Energy Advice website.
- For detailed information about grants and benefits to help with energy bills visit the Citizens Advice website.
- If you are homeless, have nowhere to sleep tonight or are at risk of harm in your home, Shelter operate an emergency housing advice helpline. The helpline is free to call and open every single day of the year.
- Phone: 0808 800 4444
- Bristol City Council Housing Advice Team can support you if you are homeless or about to become homeless.
- Phone: 0117 352 6800
- Visit: Citizen Service Point, 100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 6AG
- Night shelters in Bristol
- If you are facing a mental health crisis contact the Bristol Mental Health Crisis Service.
- North Bristol: 0117 354 7312
- Central: 0117 354 7312
- Emergency: 0300 555 0334
- Bristol MindLine telephone helpline 7pm-11pm
- Phone: 0808 808 0330
- NHS Helpline: 24/7 Support & Connect
- Phone: 0800 0126549
NBAC restructures to make advice charity fit for the future
By trustees taking this action, they have created a new structure to make NBAC a strong, sustainable and resilient organisation going forward.
Online Advice Tool launched
A new online tool designed to increase access to advice has been launched by North Bristol Advice Centre